So you have a great story to tell or experience to share with Charlotte Black EDGE readers? Read on to learn how to submit articles for consideration and what EDGE is looking for in submissions.
CMBCC’s monthly eNewsletter, Charlotte Black EDGE welcomes articles from the CMBCC Member Community on a range of topics. EDGE is member driven. Our mission is to share relevant information, tools and resources to help black businesses gain a competitive edge in Charlotte’s growing market. Articles may be promoted across the Charlotte Mecklenburg Black Chamber of Commerce (CMBCC) family of sites, in our newsletter and / or via our social feeds.
The process is selective: You must be a member of Charlotte Mecklenburg BLACK CHAMBER of Commerce and all articles are subject to editing. We like articles that align with our mission, introduce new ideas and advance conversation around topics + trends that engage EDGE readers. While we encourage drawing from your own experiences in business to support your ideas, “over the top” self-promotion lessens the chance your article will be published.
Your article should be unique, meaning you have not published it elsewhere and not exceed 500 words (approximately 2500 characters) in length. You can use these prompts as a starting point to help guide your writing.
For Charlotte Black Businesses
- How can Black businesses gain a competitive edge in the Charlotte market?
- Share a story of how you, as black business owner, gained a competitive edge?
- What are new resources or initiatives that Black businesses can benefit from but may be unaware of?
- What are your thoughts on the future of Black businesses in Charlotte?
- How has CMBCC helped your business succeed and gain a competitive edge, specific examples?
For Charlotte Black Community
- What are trends in the Charlotte Black community, and how can black businesses take advantage of that trends to gain a competitive edge?
- How has CMBCC made an impact in the Charlotte Black community?
- What are economic development issues in Charlotte Black community that isn’t being addressed?
For Charlotte Business Community
- What are trends in your industry, and how can black businesses take advantage of that trends to gain a competitive edge?
- How a thriving black business community has a positive impact on the overall Charlotte metro economy?
Ready to Submit?
When you are ready to submit your article, click here to complete our online submission form.
Please note, we review all article submissions within five (5) business days, but you should allow 1 – 2 weeks for a response from the EDGE Editorial Team. If your article is selected, we reserve the right to edit it as appropriate. Headlines and sub-heads are subject to change, content may be edited for style or substance and links may be added for context.